100% pure, undiluted jagua juice (genipa americana). Unpasturized fruit juice to mix with henna or a medium for blue-black body art. 120 mL (4 ounces)
- 100% pure
- undiluted fruit juice
- from the Peruvian Amazon
- blue-black natural dye
- stain lasts 1-3 weeks
- mix with henna or gel medium for body art
- wild-crafted from jagua trees
- no preservatives, additives, or
Pronounced ha-gua or yah-gua, JAGUA is from the fruit of the genipa americana tree. The tree grows about 15 meters tall and bears the jagua fruit. Jagua, also more commonly known as huito, has been used for hundreds of years by indigenous tribes as a medicinal fruit, for body art and hair dye.
HOW TO USE JAGUA JUICE
Jagua juice can be used in 2 different ways. You can either mix the jagua juice with henna powder and create a henna paste that is deep cherry to almost black in colour. The addition of jagua juice to henna powder will make your henna stain very dark. This should not be confused with "black henna" which is a dangerous and illegal chemical product that contains PPD. You can also mix the jagua juice with xantham gum to create a body art gel. When applied on the skin, jagua can stain for up to 3 weeks.
- Jagua juice will stain clothing and upholstery permanently
- Jagua juice is derived from a native fruit tree--always conduct a skin patch allergy test
- Jagua juice is similar to a berry juice--individuals with berry allergies should avoid use of jagua
- individuals with tropical fruit allergies should avoid the use of jagua
- use caution with children or pregnant women
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY--do not consume!
- KEEP FROZEN WHEN NOT IN USE!
HOW MUCH JAGUA JUICE DO YOU NEED?
TO MAKE HENNAGUA:
120 mL/4 ounces for every 50 grams henna powder (use less jagua juice for a lighter blue-black tint)
TO MAKE JAGUA GEL:
As needed for desired quantity